DPS Extended Day Program
The DPS Extended Day program is a FREE before and after school program offered at 13 sites across DPS. Families signed up for Extended Day have the flexibility to get students to school as early as 6:00 a.m. and pick up students as late as 5:30 p.m.
New families can register students for Extended Day in to the EZ Child Track Parent Portal, using a desktop, laptop, or tablet for easy access. Families who have previously used Extended Day do not have to re-register students. If you're at all interested in using the Extended Day Before and After School program, even for a short time just a couple days a week, you have to register your students now. Click here to register your students for free now!
The DPS Extended Day program is available Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to the start of school, and from the end of school until 5:30 p.m., plus on early release days. It's offered at 13 site locations across the District: American Dreamer STEM Academy, Baum Elementary, Dennis Lab School, Franklin Grove Elementary, Hope Academy, Johns Hill Magnet School, Montessori Academy for Peace, Parsons Elementary, Pershing Early Learning Center, Social Emotional Learning Academy (SELA), South Shores Elementary, and Stephen Decatur Middle School.
The Extended Day program offers students and families:
(1) Safe, Secure, Supportive Environment
- Each location must provide students with a safe, secure place to go before and after school.
- Afternoon snacks
(2) Academic Assistance
- After school programs shall include homework support, if homework is available. If no homework is available, students enrolled in Extended Day will be assigned skill-based work during the academic time.
(3) Enrichment and Physical Fitness
- Each location must provide an enrichment element that offers a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities designed to reinforce and complement the regular program, including service/project-based learning, art, music, physical fitness, recreational activities, character education, STEM activities, etc.
Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions about the DPS Extended Day program.
Click here for a How-To Guide on completing Extended Day registration.